Bugfix: Rows disappear.

May 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Edited May 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM

If you have document structure like this:
 [[«TableStart:OrderItems»«itemtitle»][«Notes»][«Quantity»                  ]]
 [[«TableStart:PackItems»«ItemTitle» ][«Notes»][«TableEnd:PackItems»  ]]
 [Extra row                                     ][             ][                                  ]]
 [[                                                  ][             ][«TableEnd:OrderItems»]]
then the text "Extra row" will disappear.

The solution seams to be to change the row
"skipUntilNode = subRegion.End;" 
to
"if(subRegion.Start != subRegion.End) skipUntilNode = subRegion.End;".

Ps.
How is your own bugfixing coming along, any plans for an update?

An error I get sometimes is "Stack Empty ", but I don't now why. It is normally fixed by doing some small change to the table cell the merge field is inside.  It may have something to do with a cell having texts with different fonts.

Coordinator
May 12, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for your ongiong feedback! I'll test your solution and integrate into the project.

Sorry for my hiatus from the project, however it's funny you ask about the Stack Empty issue as I've started working on it. I'm also not sure what's causing it yet, but I have some sample documents which cause the issue.

I'm also planning to greatly improve the document validation, so that it checks each merge field against the data source, and also the syntax of any conditional filters. Currently both of these scenarios will throw an exception when attempting the merge.

I will hopefully have the Stack Empty issue resolved in the next few days, and the new document validation in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Anthony.